Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pumpkin Cranberry Doggie Cookies



Happy Thanksgiving to all of my darling readers! Today may be a day for turkey, football, and family, but it's also a day to count our blessings. One of my blessings I am always thankful for is my dog, Martha. She is a little strange. She barks at other dogs on T.V. She tries to eat grass clods after we mow the lawn. I swear she thinks she is a person with that attitude, but I wouldn't want her any other way. She's my fur baby.

If you want a new way to show your fur baby just how much they mean to you, give these easy, healthy dog treats a try. They are packed with things that are great for your dog and no silly chemicals or preservatives. They are also so easy to make. It's like making any old sugar cookie recipe. Mix, roll, cut, bake, devour (that's the dog's part.) Of course, these are people friendly too, but with no sugar, these might taste a little bland to you. Also give my Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pup Pies a try if you are feeling more adventurous!

You need:

3/4 c pumpkin puree
1 1/2 c flour
3/4 c rolled oats
1/4 c dried cranberries, chopped

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Mix the pumpkin, flour, oats, and cranberries into a stiff dough. Roll the dough flat until its 1/8" thick. Cut out shapes and lay them on a baking sheet. Bake the treats for 15 minutes or until they begin to brown. Cool completely on a rack before serving to your favorite furry friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment