Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Homemade No-Stir Almond Butter


I may have ruined store bought almond butter for myself. This was one of those recipes I made and went, "Wow, that's it?" It's so easy to make I can't think of a reason to not do this myself from here on out.

Store bought almond butters are expensive and have a tendency to separate. The magic of this recipe is the butter is made with coconut oil which is naturally in a solid state up to around 76ºF, so it doesn't separate in the refrigerator. It still spreads well once it hits a warm piece of toast. Ooh yum. I'm getting hungry again... excuse me.


You need:

1 1/2 c unsalted roasted almonds
1/2 tsp salt
1 T virigin coconut oil
1 tsp maple syrup

In a food processor, chop the almonds and salt until the nuts have formed a paste and begins to get slightly sticky. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and continue to chop until the mixture forms the desired consistency. I let mine go for a while until it's very smooth.

Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment